Exceptional Leave
Taking holidays in term time will affect your child's schooling as much as any other absence and we expect parents to help us by not taking children away in school time. Remember that any savings you think you may make by taking a holiday in school time are offset by the cost to your child's education.
All requests for exceptional leave, up to 10 days over a child's total time at school, must be made in writing to the Head Teacher and consideration will be given as to the reasons for the request and individual circumstances.
You can access the application form here.
  • Exceptional leave will always be refused when a student's attendance is less than 95%
  • Exceptional leave will always be refused when school is aware of any truancy.
  • Exceptional leave will always be refused when requests are regular (annual) or when patterns become identifiable.
  • Exceptional leave will always be refused during exam weeks.
  • Reasons for exceptional leave will be logged on the student's record and shared as part of the transfer/transition process.
  • Any exceptional leave over 10 days will be considered unauthorised absence and referred to the Education Welfare Service.
  • Failure to return within the 10 days of the authorised period should result in the child being removed from the school's roll and the matter referred to the Education Welfare Service.
  • The Education Welfare Service can issue Fixed Penalty Notices or summons to the Magistrates Court for any unauthorised absence.



The School

Hayes Park is a Foundation School located within the London

Borough of Hillingdon. We are a co-educational day school with

Nursery, Infant and Junior departments.



In September, 1999, we became a Foundation School. This status

enables the Governing Body to establish the long-term aims of the

school, appoint high-quality staff and manage the budget


Governors, staff and parents/carers work together to ensure that

the quality of education provided for the children in our care is of

the highest order.

The Clerk to the Governing Body may be contacted through the

school office.